Career & College Day
All students: there is no late start tomorrow! It is Career & College Day. Do not go to your first period class. Check the rosters today as they have changed and have been updated. The new rosters are posted in 3 locations: the front office, cafeteria, & library.
You must bring your school ID and a calculator and pencil for testing.
This week’s guest speaker at the WISE Club is Neuroscientist and Gilliam Fellowship winner, Emily Sales. She is a PhD candidate at UO researching ways to treat diseases of the brain, spine, and the nerves that connect them. All students are invited to hear her speak at lunch on Thursday in the STEM conference room.
Students interested in working in the trades–electrical, plumbing, sheet metal, and carpentry–there will be an Open House for the apprenticeship Trades Academy this Thursday, Oct. 20 from 6-7:30 pm at the Sheet Metal Training Institute. For more information about the academy see Mary Beth in the School-to-Career office in the STEM building or pick up a flyer located on the table in front of the School-to-Career office in the STEM building or the Career Center.
GSA is meeting today at lunch in room F55. Come down and bring your lunch.
Interact Club meets tomorrow and every Wednesday at lunch. Come have fun and earn community service hours. Hope to see you there.
There’s a new club coming to CHS! Are you a firm believer in “look good, feel good”? Do you love all things beauty? Are you interested in immersing yourself in the world of make-up, hair, & nails? Then join us in STEM 105 after school on Tuesdays for the Beauty Club! All ages, genders, and skill levels are welcome.
West End will be holding auditions for our musical review “From Broadway to You” today and tomorrow at 3:45 in the auditorium. Please come prepared with a song and chosen character. Talk to Lanny Mitchell in C8 for more information.
BSU & LSU
There will be a meeting today during lunch in the auditorium.
Upcoming College Visits
- Corban University, today, October 18th in F39
- University of Rochester, 10:00 in the College and Career Center and Northern Arizona University, 11:00 in the College and Career Center, tomorrow, Wednesday, October 19th
- Willamette University, Friday, October 21st, 11:00 in F39
Are you thinking about life after high school? A group from the University of Oregon are designing a program for Latino families to use in the college application process and would like to hear ideas and opinions. Sign up to attend a 90 minute focus group conversation by today, October 18th as a part of this research study. Food will be served and you will receive compensation for being a part of the group. Stop by the College and Career Center for more information.
Autumn Nights homecoming is Saturday, October 22 from 8-11 p.m. Tickets are on sale today through Friday at lunch and after school at the planters. Tickets are $10 with ASB and $15 without ASB or at the door.
- Tomorrow, Wednesday, Oct. 19 – School wide testing but you can come in “Woke up this way p.j.’s”: make sure school appropriate,
- Thursday, Oct. 20 – Throwback : Fresh/Soph dress from the 70’s, Jr./Sr. dress from the 80’s – This is a class competition so let’s see which classes have the most participation!,
- Friday, Oct. 21 – Fight Cancer – Pink Out – deck yourself from head to toe in pink. Show your support. This is the same as the game theme so let’s really support the cause!
It’s time to order your cap & gown, graduation announcements, and class ring. Orders will be collected today at lunch in the student lounge. Don’t forget to bring your order forms and deposit money. Today is the last day to order in school.
- JV Boys Soccer at North Eugene 4pm (Release at 2:15pm/ Self transport at 2:30pm)
- V Boys Soccer at North Eugene 6pm (No early release)
- JV Girls Soccer vs. North Eugene 4pm (Release at 2:50pm)
- V Girls Soccer vs. North Eugene 6pm (No Early Release)
- Water Polo vs. West Salem at KROC Center G-@5:30 p.m. B-@6:30 p.m.