Determining eligibility prior to season:
- All incoming freshman are academically eligible for the Fall Season.
- 10-12th grade students must demonstrate that they are on track to graduate.
- Fall of 10th grade year: must have earned 4.5 credits.
- Fall of 11th grade year: must have earned 10.0 credits.
- Fall of 12th grade year: must have earned 17.0 credits
- All students must have passed 2.0 credits in the previous trimester. (Exception is fall season for freshmen.)
- All student athletes must be enrolled 2.0 credit courses during the season.
Academic Eligibility during Season:
- An academic check will take place at mid-terms.
- Any student-athlete that is not passing 2.0 credits will be placed on academic probation.
- Students on academic probation have one week to demonstrate that they are passing 2.0 credits.
- Students on academic probation can still practice and participate in competition.
- If after one week on academic probation, the student is not passing 2.0 credits, they are not allowed to participate in competitions.
- The student can, with permission from the coach in charge, still participate in practices and continue to work towards eligibility.
- Once the student has demonstrated they are passing 2.0 classes, eligibility to participate in contests is regained.
Summer School and Summer Credits:
- Any credits earned during summer school or online credits during the summer are added to the total credits earned from the previous trimester of attendance.
- These credits count towards the previous trimester credit requirements and total credits earned towards graduation.